Sunday, May 4, 2008

Kissing Chicken

Sometimes funny little things happen and I think - I should blog about that - and then I don't. So, this isn't a significant post, but just a funny thing from tonight.

Samara doesn't like meat.

She loves it.

And by loves it, I don't mean that she eats it.

I mean that tonight, she pulled apart the chicken/cranberry wreath pieces that I'd put on her plate, daintily picked up a piece of chicken, and kissed it: "Mmmm-wah!" and then gave it to me.

She did the same with a spider the other day. It was crawling along the carpet. She hunkered down really close said, "hugging" - her word for 'I love you and feel affection for you'... and then made her kissing noise, after which Tim rescued the spider from Samara's love and 'brought it outside.'

My little vegetarian...

4 comments:

Bethany said...

that is too cute!!

Anonymous said...

The kissing thing is hilarious. Zora has been nothing short of making out with her stuffed lamb. But not so much kissing with the food yet.

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS.

Anonymous said...

So, so funny, Heidi!...I expected a chicken-devouring story, and instead, something slightly more touching. The books don't say when "kissing food" comes along developmentally!

thinking of you,
Shelly